Oberon Sports Ground
 
Oberon Sports Ground was built in 1931 as a sports ground for workers of a local stockings company and was subsequently named ‘Oberon’ after the best selling nylon stockings of the time. Before the site was passed to the Borough it was used as a hospital for war casualties as the photographs below demonstrate.
 
Oberon Sports Ground was passed to London Borough of Merton and subsequently Raynes Park High School at the end of the 1940’s for use as the school playing fields of which this has been the case ever since. In 2007 the Pavilion and Groundsman cottage were renovated to the standard seen today. As a result, Ray Stevens Fitness Club set up in the pavilion offering community access to mixed martial arts and the cottage has been rented out by a local agent.
 
If you would like to make a booking for Oberon Sports Ground please click on the Contact Us link. Alternatively, please feel free to review the hire charges.
 
Please note for all fixtures/events at Oberon Sports Ground, the address is as follows:
 
Oberon Sports Ground
Lindisfarne Road
Raynes Park
London
SW20 0NW
 
PLEASE NOTE:
Alcohol is not permitted on site without prior arrangement
Domestic animals are not permitted on site at any time
Parking is not permitted in Lindisfarne Road. Limited spaces are available in Oberon Sports Ground car park
Oberon Sports Ground is a no smoking site

Bird's Eye View of Oberon

Oberon Pavilion 1942

Pavilion Today

Inside the Pavilion 1942

Inside the Pavalion Today

Inside the Pavilion Today

Powered by Frog